In 1890, Kodak acquired a seven acre plot of farmland, creating the company’s first British factory. For much of its history, the Harrow factory was the largest photographic manufacturing plant in the British Commonwealth. At its height in the 1950s the factory employed over 6,000 people.
The core of Kodak’s activity in Harrow is the production of Ektacolor paper and Thermal Media Finishing, continuing the tradition of photographic materials manufactured on the site.
Kodak has transformed into a successful digital company. As a result of Kodak’s successful transition to digital, a number of redundant buildings were demolished to meet business needs.
In 2008, Kodak and Land Securities formed a partnership to realise development opportunities arising from the areas now surplus to Kodak’s requirements. Kodak will continue it’s operations on part of the main site.